Does Anyone Know Anything About This ?

gasgas249uk

From Fim FB.

FIM Trial World Championship | Important Announcement

We would like to inform you that Mr Ignacio Verneda - FIM Chief Executive Officer together with Mr Thierry Michaud - FIM CTR Director will be present at this weekend’s Italian Trial Grand Prix to make an important announcement concerning the future of the FIM Trial World Championship / FIM Women’s Trial World Championship and the FIM Trial des Nations.

We would kindly invite you to join us at this presentation that will take place on Saturday 3rd September at 19.00hrs inside the Chiampo town hall auditorium.

The end of no stop ?

Maybe rule changes are coming ?. Crazy idea - To self enforce no stop rules which are being partly ignored , marks will be made up of dabs lost and time spent in section. Ok - far fetched ...but an impossible idea ?

Edited by gasgas249uk

This reminds me of an old Alexi sayle joke: "I'm a gossip columnist in Stoke Newington. It's a big piece of paper with "F*** All" written on it".

Mr Ignacio Verneda - FIM Chief Executive Officer together with Mr Thierry Michaud - FIM CTR Director will be present at this weekend’s Italian Trial Grand Prix to make an important announcement concerning the future of the FIM Trial World Championship / FIM Women’s Trial World Championship and the FIM Trial des Nations.

"There isn't one"

• Like 1

As much as I prefer no stop sections even I can't accept the rule change has made world trials better to watch.

I think in part this is due to the sections and venues not really being set for no stop. Venues are picked for trucks and Internet access, sections are basically stop permitted style still.

The other problem is that people just cannot observe it in real time.

Either allow stop and reversing and re introduce the time element or have rules for sections such as distance between boulders for man made sections.Having riders traverse flat grass between a couple of rocks isn't what I had in mind for a no stop section.