Rev 3 Airbox Bracket

diesel2607

Hi all

I want to replace both brackets for my airbox on a 2005 rev 3 problem I have is I can't get the old ones off the left one unbolt OK but I can't get the 2 little like pins to move are these rivets on the right hand side the biggest bolt just spins not sure if there is a nut on the inside or not and same problem with small pins anyone got any pointers or tips for removing these parts

They should be 4 small allan headed bolts.which screw into brass captive inserts in the filter box Shocker bolt is 8 mm N/s with nut.O/s is a 6 mm allan bolt that also screws into a captive insert in the filter box.To remove the smaller ones if rounded or not unscrewing try drilling the heads of them,The 6 MM bolt,if not unscrewing you could try to drill and use stud extractor.

Once you have airbox off you could drill out the captive studs and replace them with these.http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STEEL-ALUMINIUM-STAINLESS-KNURLED-RUBBER-RIVNUTS-RIVET-NUTSERTS-RUBNUTS-/191666376866?var=490713276033&hash=item2ca034d0a2:m:m7-SCDt2yqNNdyih6WOWnJg

Plenty of vids on youtube on how to install.without any special tools.

Edited by bilks

• 6 years later...