Fork Identification

samwisemcg

I've taken the plunge into the world of pre65 and I've got myself a tiger cub. It runs fine but has been sitting unused for a long time. It seems like a pretty honest, non trick, trials machine. But a few bits need recommissioning.

The front forks are quite stiff with limited travel, so need looking at. I was wondering if anyone could help me identify what they are from, that would help me massively with spares and servicing.

Many thanks
Sam

post-18635-0-61991400-1474370044_thumb.jpg

post-18635-0-71999100-1474370052_thumb.jpg

post-18635-0-15459800-1474370062_thumb.jpg

post-18635-0-42185300-1474370067_thumb.jpg

cant help with the forks.. however.. keep it simple.. everytime you consider spending time/money on the bike ask one simple question.. how many fewer times will i put my foot down when i do this?  looking at it get a bent /folding kicker having to pull that footpeg up will be tiresome..get electronic ignition.. change the oil every month and ride...keep it simple..

• Like 2

cant help with the forks.. however.. keep it simple.. everytime you consider spending time/money on the bike ask one simple question.. how many fewer times will i put my foot down when i do this?  looking at it get a bent /folding kicker having to pull that footpeg up will be tiresome..get electronic ignition.. change the oil every month and ride...keep it simple..

You've read my mind. My to do list consist's of new rear shocks (the old one's are seized), sort out the forks, electronic ignition and a new kickstart ( though I hear the dog leg kick start levers are very hard to find now ). I've got no intention of making a trick cub, my wallet and sanity couldn't handle that.

Your forks are MP so are British made and as such should be acceptable to all clubs.

REH are very similar but I think they are MP.

What do you think Deryk do you have any pictures of either fork please?

Thanks, you're spot on. I've spent a month studying old photos of Tiger cubs trying to figure out what they were, to no avail. 30 minutes on here and the mystery is solved.

At least I know how much oil to use now.

Now I know what they are, I'm wondering were metal profile fork decent in their day?

Thanks again.

Edited by samwisemcg
  • Like 1