Id Like A Beta Evo....

jon0881

Hi,

My current trials iron is a Scorpa SY 250. I enjoy riding it but it feels like a bit of a lump after using a Beta Evo 4t on a trails experience day. Im 5'7 and about ahem, top end of 13st so assumed id be looking for a 250. My other bike is a KTM 200 EXC and is more than capable for me. Should i stick to a 250 or might a 125 have enough power to play with?

Cheers

Jon

Edited by jon0881

Try 125s before you buy. They are a bit gutless / lack torque at low revs particularly in 2nd gear upwards. If you are used to the "ploddy" sy with plenty of bottom end pull you may not like this. I would go for a 200 or 250.

I was about to say the same. However they can be fun, and go like hell if you rev the crap out of them!(in the two gears that actually work)

The "Does a 125cc trials bike have enough power" is all relative to where you live.

At sea level or slightly above it is more than adequate.  Go up to about 3000 feet and it struggles.

Keep going up to 5000 to 8000 ft above sea level and it is useless.

Caveat:  When asking the above question be careful on the answer as they may live at or near sea level and the 

person posing the question may live at a much higher elevation.