Cable

guy53

TYTrials sells genuine front brake cables & Venhill clutch cables which is what I use & that would be my recommendation as the easiest thing to do

Normally I get my order in about a week & I'm a lot further away from the UK than you are

Everyone I know locally uses the Venhill universal cable kits and makes up their own. By doing it this way you can make EXACTLY what you want,for instance if you want to reroute a cable for a better run it might need to be longer or shorter than original. The kits have barrel adjuster in them so you can fit them wherever you like in the cable. On my AJS I have the adjuster  up under the petrol tank out of sight and easy to keep rain/water splashes away. The cables are easy to make up,some people use a solder pot,I still use a tiny blowtorch - works very for me.

• Like 1

The Universal Venhill might be a good idea for the clutch cable since I modified the frame ( motor raised  ) and also modified the clutch actuator. John, do you use the universal kit for the front brake too ? 

Guy

Yes Guy, I do. I also use the throttle cable kits,they work well for decompressor cables too. The kits have plenty of fittings in them,but I turn up brass ones on the lathe if there isn't quite the right type. I like to have cables well lubed and tidily fitted so they work well,these kits make that easy.

• Like 3