Post #2, New Ty Owner

contiki

Hi.

Thanks for all the excellent TY info here. I used to ride a Bultaco in some of the local vintage events, but that was 20 years ago.

I recently bought a pile of stuff that should yield one fairly complete 250, and tripped over a TY175 last week.

One of them will be my new machine. I can't wait to go ride with all the other old guys.

Personally, I'm hoping the 175 works out. Although they seem to be pretty popular in Europe, I don't know if i've ever seen another here in the states.

It is a cool little machine. If I get a minute tomorrow, I'll post a couple photos.

pretty solid bike, although there are a few odd things to sort. I may also have questions to post tomorrow...

Edited by contiki

The TY175 is the most popular vintage bike in the states. I would never ride one, but they are a dime a dozen.   

Don't let him kid you , He's really into TY80's , The 175's are a handful for him ....:)

And B&J Racing in Tennessee  http://www.bjracing.com Will have all the info you need ! Bob's got a strange attraction to all things TY and vintage and is the founder of the I.T.S.A. ..... And a pretty dam good rider too !