Gas Gas 125 2013 Hard To Start

drumfada

I have recently bought a Gas Gas 125, 2013 TXT pro which I am very happy with generally when it is running. 

My only issue is it is very hard to start.

It can take 1/2 a dozen kicks sometimes. When it starts it revs really high for a few seconds and then dies down to normal.

Once it has been running for a while and engine warmed up it starts easier but never first or second kick and needs the choke if stood for any length of time.

I have changed plug, oil and cleaned filter and carb out, I also took flywheel cover off to check for water penetration and it was clean inside.

I have ordered an NKG Iridium plug to see if that will help. 

Has anyone else experienced this with Gas Gas bikes and am I missing something fundamental.

Thanks for reply.

I will recheck jubilee clip connections at Deloroto Carb.

Old plug was blacker than normal( as opposed to tan colour) , I put that down to idling for a long time as I do not normally kill engine unless I am stopping for a long time.

Thanks for reply.

I will recheck jubilee clip connections at Deloroto Carb.

Old plug was blacker than normal( as opposed to tan colour) , I put that down to idling for a long time as I do not normally kill engine unless I am stopping for a long time.

A black coloured plug would normally indicate a rich condition.