Beta Techno Crank Movement

akracing

Hi there

i have just got hold of a i think a 95 techno as a first project for me and my 11 year old son whch is going to be used as a spare for when family want to ride with us.

The bike had been in a shed for two years but surprisingly started first kick even on the old fuel and ran and rode pretty good. We have stripped the bike and have found the usual bearings and seals that need replacing but when checking the engine over we have noticed there is some side to side movement on the crank assy probably around a couple of millimeteres.there is no up down play just if you get hold of the flywheel you can move it in and out slightly.everything seems tight and cannot find nything loose but at the moment have not got a puller for the flywheel to investigate further.

So my question for you more experienced Beta guys is this float on the crank normal on this model or do i need to carry on and strip the engine? 

Thanks

maybe as it's on an old bike I'd just run it,if it starts to get noisy or vibrates really badly then deal with it, old bikes cost as much as new ones to repair so i tend to fix them when they break,In the old days I used to burn money on things like this when it'd usually didn't need it

Hi

thanks for the replies ,, i think i will get it all back together and try it as it was running ok before we stripped it. if i get any problems we will strip down the engine as i have done many mx two strokes before so wont be a problem