Lean When Climbing

tae

Wondering if anyone can help me figure out the the pinging, which I assume to be a lean condition, when climbing sustained steep hills. I have added larger jets to both the main and pilot and this has not helped. I have also checked the float height and they are at 18mm which is spec I believe. Any insite will b appreciated

2016 300 st

Thanks

Edited by tae

Thanks for replies will look into these options.

ride from sea level up to 1000m (ish) and elevation does not seem to make a difference nor does the temperature or humidity. Changed the needle clip to 2nd from the bottom running stock jets then changed the pilot one size larger than stock, don't remember the jet number off top of head, next increased the main to 128. Running 94 octane, highest we can get here in bc from gas station, no ethanol, at 2% mix ratio, air screw at .75 turn out from closed. Have run octane boost and did not make a difference. dont think the jetting is the issue as the bike runs great in every other situation but really not that experienced with tuning carbs.

Thanks for input

my set up is ...............    sherco 300 2013. 

125 main jet

48 pilot jet

needle 2nd clip up from bottom

Air screw ... Just over 0.5 turns out from fully in. 

Slide number (4)  

west coast of scotland riding at sea level using HI octane fuel. 

If there is a CLUNK then the chances are your air screw is too far OUT. Try having it at 0.5 ( half ) a turn out from fully in and tweek it from there OUT ...... 

Edited by lockie28