Finished Reassembling My 2013 Txt Pro

drca

A big thanks to all the people who were patient enough to read and answer to all my posts and to all the people who keep posting invaluable information on this board.

I bought a used 2013 TXT Pro a few weeks ago from a fellow down in Southern California (I am located in Norther CA).  The bike had clearly seen some action, with some dings on the frame, fork tube, fork lowers, etc.  but all in all the price was fair (it had a "Green Sticker" which is golden here as it allows you to ride year round).

After close inspection I found that one of the lower frame tabs was cracked, so I decided to take the bike apart, get the tab welded and while I was at it, get the dings filled (welding) and get the frame, swing arm and forks lowers powder coated.

In the process of taking the bike apart, I found that ALL the bearing in the rear suspension were shot (pressure washing I guess since this bike was a dry weather bike), the bash plate was pretty flattened out, the fork bushing where scratched, the water pump drain bolt was smashed, and a few other minor problems.  So I order a bunch of spare parts (including some suspension springs to match my weight, bunch of Jitsie guards, new bask plate, etc...) while the frame was being attended by my powder coater.

Once I got all the parts, it took me a few days to put it all back together, and once done, I was surprised to see that it started second kick (I didn't open the engine tho, still plenty of compression).

Went out for a ride today and it's miles better than my Scorpa four stroke!!!  I need to refine the carb settings, new rear brake pads, but otherwise... I think I am going to enjoy it.

Here are a few photos.

Now... I need to take a riding class to improve my riding ;-)  Time to call Adrian.

Thanks again to every one.

DC

post-22725-0-70810500-1475553662_thumb.jpg

post-22725-0-29716500-1475553675_thumb.jpg

post-22725-0-57983900-1475553703_thumb.jpg

post-22725-0-02073600-1475553689_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

They are bullet proof, keep the carb clean especially after jet washing, just drop the bowl. They have an air scew 3 1/2 turns out and run with a tick over.

450ml in the gearbox - change every 12 rides and keep the air cleaner clean...........

Enjoy, no doubt you will :icon_salut:

I was wondering how how much slack you put in it.  With the chain tensionner I am not sure.  Any recommendations?

Everyone probably has their own opinions, but this is what I do and it seems to work well.

Place bike on a secure (and hopefully level) bike stand.  so that both tires are off the ground.

Adjust chain so that there is one finger width between the swingarm and the top of the chain tensioner rub block.

there are probably other methods, but this one works for me.

• Like 1