Clutch Master Cylinder Install Tips

strengthcoach

Fit the master cylinder, fill with LHM or mineral brake fluid, turn bars to right hand lock so cylinder is at highest point. Then pump the lever, make sure you have play in the system and it should be bled in 10 mins. I never touch the bleed nipple

Edited by baldilocks

Warning, not all brakemtec master cylinders are the same. It is widely known that the earlier Brakemtec master cylinders were manufacture incorrectly, The small holes in the body were drilled to large and not de burred. this would cut the seal. 

I do not know the date codes on the parts to know when the factory fixed this issue.

I do know that the newest master cylinders instead of having a 2 piece clamp have a one piece hinged bracket. I am assuming that the newer model has been manufactured correctly?

Note: The GasGas bleeder banjo at the clutch cover is questionable at best. Mine was so bad i could not bleed the system. I went with a after market jitsie banjo bleeder. Also you will need new washer when upgrading.

Yep, it was dead easy. Just laid the bike on its side, took old seal etc out and put new seal kit in. Pumped lever a few times then flipped the bike onto the opposite side to do the front brake master cylinder. Job done in 10 minutes. Sorted both problems (front brake that needed pumping between sections to get the lever back to where it should be and clutch that felt a bit slow to engage/sticky when dropping it quickly for big steps etc).