Identifying Ossa Model

mpr84

Hi just seeing if anyone can help I have recently got an ossa that is in bits and I am not 100% sure that the model is what I think it is. I have matching frame and engine numbers but when I have looked at a full list of ossa numbers they don't seem to be on there. I am thinking its a verde frame number starts with B-70.

That's brilliant thanks very much I can now crack on with the restoration. Do you have any idea where would be best for a owners manual for a verde or is it the same engine as in the mar. I've had a look online for a download and also on eBay but seems like these verde' are rare

Cheers for that, have just tyed your link but a cant seem to get it in English version. Looks like there is a tab for English but doesn't seem to let me tap on it

Sorry, should have said English doesn't work. Just click on "Trial" in the grey tabs. That will open the trials manuals, then choose the one you want. Also info for carbs and electrics further down the page. I just downloaded them all in case they disappear one day. :)

Cheers for the info I have downloaded the manual now. Do you happen to know what the paint code is for the verde, no probs if not as a can try and get a colour match on a little bit I've found on inner of the frame. I am also trying to find what carb it is am thinking its a Bing 84 from looking into it. Really sorry for all the questions but this is the first ossa I have ever owned and am learning each day about them.

Can't help with a paint code. but if you're going to paint it all green and fit the green mudguards, I'd buy the mudguards first and then get the paint matched to them. If yo paint it first and then buy the guards, the chances of a colour match are virtually zero as the guards available now are probably some way lighter than the originals.

The 250 Verde had an Amal MK2, the Bing was fitted to the 350.

Cheers yeh a was thinking that with the mudguards or was thinking of spraying them but a know its not really ideal for plastic. I saw one on Sunday at Stafford Show and that had the light green mudguards. Is that what i need to look for on line amal mk2 is there know numbers ect. Do you have a verde model yourself at the minute, if so do you have any pictures of it online. This verde model seems to be really hard to get info on theres only yourself who knows everything about them.

I don't have a Verde no but they are virtually a MAR - same frame and swingarm, longer forks, angled shocks. Tank slightly different shape. Engine is the same with a few minor design upgrades, different porting in the cylinder and longer exhaust with that hideous back silencer.

The original colour was similar to Ford Modena Green I think but the bikes you see now have mostly been repainted so hard to know whether you're looking at an original colour or resprayed

The carb is just a normal 2 stroke Amal MK2 26mm