Whitehawk 200 Barrel & Piston

john b

I've bought a Whitehawk 200 Barrel, head and piston to fit to my TY175

Couple of questions.....

1 - What Piston was used ? Piston looks OK but has blown past the rings a little - could do with a new one if I can find one.

2 - Any mods advised to Carb or Airbox (Currently running standard both)

Any other advice appreciated

cheers

John

• Like 1

You are best measuring the piston and giving John Cane at TY Trials a ring.

I think there are a few 72mm ish pistons about in Blaster and DT230 conversions that will fit certain 200 conversions, but if the liner has worn, there isn't usually enough of it to rebore, so you might have to reline it (again, John may help).

I've ran a couple of carbs with good results, an OKO and a new Mikuni (see B&J Racings webpage), but the Mikuni needed converting from flange to a stub.

I've tried a few different airbox arrangements too with various results, but it's difficult to get a straight carb to airbox connection due to the frame and you'll need to re jet the carb.

The simplist thing to do is open up the top of the standard box.

Remove the metal flap in the lower airbox mouth and cut triangles out of the both sides of the top.

I don't want to put you off but it's worth mentioning, you can and probably will throw a lot of money at these and the returns aren't always great.

They are revy little engines, but they don't develop the torque you often need on a muddy winters day!

• Like 1