Starting The Re-Build, Badly.....

netley

I have the cases apart in my Sherpa 350t 191 and have been told to have the gearbox in the left hand case so I thought I'd put it back together without the crank to keep it all together.

Long story short I end up with a mixture of cogs in a heap. I have assembled it the way it seems to "want" to go together but the images I have are very poor so I have no idea if it is right.

I still have to swap the mains bearings over so I have photographed it and will dis-assemble before tackling the bearings.

Anyone know of a good account of how it goes back together ?

Cheers

Neil

post-21331-0-91557700-1476266864_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

You really need to buy a Bultaco 5-speed shop manual.It will explain and show everything step buy step and be there to go back to when needed.

When I did my first one it made it a whole lot easier.

Edited by scot taco
  • Like 2

Hi Netley. That looks correct. It is a bit hard to see but if all the selectors line up and it changes gear and gets all the gears then it is correct. As I said before there is a washer on top of the large kickstart gear. The one next to the crankcase. The M199`s and the 199A`s also had one on the clutch shaft on top that top gear as well but the 159`s don`t so I`m not sure it the 191`s also have that one. Graham. 

• Like 2

Cool and the gang, excellent !

I may get chance to have a go in the morning, if not it will be next week but I can see light again.

Awaiting road registration after a reasonably painless application so it will be mot'd, insured, taxed and road registered.

The small matter of it actually running will be holding things up...........................

Thanks people.

Neil