Starting The Re-Build, Badly.....

netley

Oh the joy.

I have dropped off my semi re-built engine at a local bike shop who has knowledge of Bultaco's. The owner used to ride them with much success in the 60's

Crank has been put into the left hand crank case and there is detectable movement, it seems, in the new bearing ! Getting a little fed up with this..........

Neil, not a bad plan on the reassembly, you have trans in the LH case as desired, put the spring loaded detent soon.

Be sure you rewind the kick shaft 1/2 min turn against the return spring , whoever your friend is knows all this so

please excuse me for this preload of the spring, if you have a bearing on the mag side that there is movement, that is

rare for me, but any thing is possible.

I always use the necessary C3 bearings, usually Japanese KOYO I believe & have very good luck, I have only built 4 this

Spring & no problems, so good luck to you at all times.

Larry

• Like 3

Wow, they look great. Mine is, and will stay, rough. If it looked that good I wouldn't want to ride it !

I unfortunately won't be in time to enter the Tamar Trial this year but I'll still do the odd one in the chair of my mates Norton 500T ;)