Hk1520-2Rs

heffergm

Has anyone actually installed them in their GG dog bones?

I was somewhat forced to do so this afternoon (long story) as I had a set laying around and needed to put something in if I wanted to ride tomorrow.

Not having to mess with seals is nice, but the complement of rollers is quite a bit less. I'm curious if anyone else has used them and how they held up over time.

Why don't' you use Oilite bushings instead? I've put them in my lads Beta and they last just as well as needle bearings, much cheaper too! A set of dogbone and linkage bearings and seals for his Beta was £70, a set of Oilite bushings (no seals required) was £13 (including postage). :D

I'm trying http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272144327681?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=570955953230&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AITin my 4rt dogbone but have only ridden it twice so no long term test yet , first impressions are good tho . I've also fitted grease nipples which will hopefully enable me to force any mud or grit out of the bushes . I'll let you know how they last

• 3 weeks later...

The size looks to be only 10mm in length. Have you used two in each location?

Yeah there are 2 bushes/bearings in each end of the dogbone , The standard bearings are 12mm wide but I chose the 10 mm (12mm are also available) bushes to allow space between them for the ends of the grease nipples to protrude into the dogbone .