West Yorkshire Clubs

j1mmyboa

Hi all, I've been practising/playing on a trials bike for a short time and I'm looking to progress, so I'm looking at joining a club but wondering which clubs are local to me and also if joining that club restricts a member to trial only with that club? I'm a little lost with it all. I'm a member at Bumpy which is very close to me and where I practice, but not sure if this is a club. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

There are a few Clubs. Closest to you for venues are probably Spen Valley, Horsforth and West Leeds. All three are running easy courses in their club Trials and also Spen run Easier Novice/Beginners Trials. Those three clubs also run Stop rules so you don't 5 if you stop. Huddersfield Falcons also run Trials in your area, but are No-Stop along with Barnsley Trials club, who run Stop Allowed. Most of the rest of the clubs run North of Leeds except the Sheffield clubs which run south of Barnsley down to Chesterfield. Hope that helps. If you are at BUMPY watch out for Me, I'm usually with my Son on the Vertigo.

Also known as TSR22a (Stop) and TSR22b(No-Stop). They refer to the observing rules. Generally they are the same except where the 5 is concerned. In both cases a foot down counts as a one. Any footing after that clicks up until you reach 3 marks lost. No more marks can be lost by footing. 

To get a five, In No-Stop if the bike fails to make forward motion you get a 5 feet up or down. An engine stop is usually a five unless the bike is moving and the engine can be restarted without footing

In Stop Allowed a 5 is issued for rearward motion, (going backwards, e.g. rolling back down a slope), Engine stops while footing. In the case of an engine stop, if the rider can restart without footing no marks are lost.

In both rules you can also lose a 5 by  Falling off, handlebars touching the ground, displacing a flag, (actually pulling it out so an Observer has to replace it), running outside a flag, outside your course or "crossing your line". If tape is used to mark the limits of the course you can also get a 5 by breaking that.

I'm Pretty certain that cover most Club Trial situations.

At beginner level just try to get though as best you can. If you have an ACU Trials card already you can join any club and ride their Trials. Most around here charge £15 and it between free and £10 for single membership and some clubs allow Family membership At £15. Most clubs have a Day membership fee where if you just want to see what you think you can ride that day.