What Do The Organising Bodies Do?

wallo

Not a joke ! ."Nigel"  the man that wanted ACU to buy a  truck, !!!!!   Lets look at the scott  how much problem was caused to the club with land problems from  the national parks ?  dont see the ACU stepping up to sort it out, Left to the club ... Trials clubs buy land then pay the ACU  for the privilege to run a trial on there own land put on by volunteers ,  ACU championship  trial its all down to a club to sort !  SO what dose the ACU do then Nigel ? they can not even make there mind up what set of  rules to use stop/or non stop !  some governing  body !  Remember the ACU  just dont get the £10 registration fee they also get  money from every entry  of every trial run  

I cant ever recall saying the ACU should buy a truck, but would gladly apologise if you can find where i specifically did, but that is clouding your ridiculous and ill informed commments.

Rabies covered alot and a few who know whats involved will have laughed at your words.

The "problems" with the national parks are several not least planning permission, unless im misunderstanding what the RMC member who applied on behalf of the club is the actual route taken by their events. How someone from outside the area could attend meetings go for a walk about in the dales with said official know who owned what land and negotiate different routes escapes me.

You too.

"The reason for a licence (or affiliation card) is to prove that you are who you say are and that you are medically fit to ride. Its not for competence on a bike (or i wouldn't have one) - when the rider who is on for example serious heart drug, has a heart attack during the event, who performed the "duty of care" in letting the guy ride."

Rabie, I only ride trials,so I don't know how the other disciplines sort out their respective cards - But I stand by what I say,the trials card proves nothing.If I choose to lie on the application form about all the medical questions etc, the ACU would be none the wiser. The £10 fee can hardly cover the admin and production costs of the cards. If the ACU have to have a card I don't object,but it would be good if it actually meant something I think. The AMCA seem happy to take money off riders and as far as I'm aware use the same insurance company.

We are all volunteers,I'm about to start a new classic trials club if I can do it, just for the love of the sport and to hopefully enthuse owners of old bikes to keep using them or start again. I'm very aware that even people who don't have to work often have many things pulling on their leisure time,and I want to offer them value for money. I will be contacting the AMCA in the near future.

• Like 1

sorry nigel  your correct about buying a truck, it was hire a motor home with awning  6sept13 ,Rabie might laugh, i agree with him but a lot of things wrote are club level not RUGBY ,  As for RMC a good piece in Richmond news "costs charitys £6000 " why ?to mark out historic sites that the national park dont know were they were. Dose the ACU  have someone on the books for land matters ? if so would that not help  clubs ?,

Edited by on it