Scott Trial

zerorev3rev4

Great result for Dibs and Browny 2nd too

What happened to DL?

Police were out in force, checking everybody & quite a few trials bikes impounded so I heard, saw a Pinky and a few others on a transporter. Did make me wonder what was going on.... as it sped by ?

Edited by johnnyboxer

Police were out in force, checking everybody & quite a few trials bikes impounded so I heard, saw a Pinky and a few others on a transporter. Did make me wonder what was going on.... as it sped by ?

They were indeed. Pity they didn't have a presence at Surrender to sort out the moronic "parking".

• Like 1

Really pleased for Brown - he's had a torrid time after that knee injury, so great he should push his best mate so close.

As for police activity, I've no sympathy for those who had their bikes impounded by them - if they weren't legal, they need dealing with. Law abiding folk pay large sums of £s to get their bikes registered (VAT paid - unlike those riding around on a "grey" import...), taxed, MOT'd and insured. Why some people feel they are above that is beyond me. 

Parking - the Club have a big enough job on their hands organising the event so for them to marshal parking is unreasonable. The spectators and "pit crews" need to get a grip and not be so bl**dy selfish - they will be the ones that lead to land being lost or the police eventually intervening and restricting access on the roads. or worse still, denying permissions for roads to be used. The problem is that, for some, the words "being considerate" are not in their vocabulary...

• Like 3

Really pleased for Brown - he's had a torrid time after that knee injury, so great he should push his best mate so close.

As for police activity, I've no sympathy for those who had their bikes impounded by them - if they weren't legal, they need dealing with. Law abiding folk pay large sums of £s to get their bikes registered (VAT paid - unlike those riding around on a "grey" import...), taxed, MOT'd and insured. Why some people feel they are above that is beyond me. 

Parking - the Club have a big enough job on their hands organising the event so for them to marshal parking is unreasonable. The spectators and "pit crews" need to get a grip and not be so bl**dy selfish - they will be the ones that lead to land being lost or the police eventually intervening and restricting access on the roads. or worse still, denying permissions for roads to be used. The problem is that, for some, the words "being considerate" are not in their vocabulary...

Well said

At ByPass the lengths that some people had gone to  get their 4x4 up to the section was frankly unbelievable, some 1/4 mile or more from the tarmac and really taking the mickey - worthy of a S59 for being illegally offroad

Sadly inconsiderate action like this will lead to serious consequences for land usage at the Scott

Edited by johnnyboxer

As some would say "Low hanging fruit". Given the experience of many on here I would like the Police to go after the bikes actually stolen from riders. The amount of effort put into that seems at odds with legally owned bikes being confiscated

• Like 1

Nobody is suggesting the Club should marshall it. At the SSDT there are a couple of cops on bikes at the popular sections to stop the muppets being muppets. The rule is that your vehicle must be completely off the road. You are right though that the bulk of the problem lies with "support vehicles" just abandoning them wherever they like. If a rider were injured and an ambulance couldn't get through because of these clowns, what then?

• Like 3

"As some would say "Low hanging fruit". Given the experience of many on here I would like the Police to go after the bikes actually stolen from riders. The amount of effort put into that seems at odds with legally owned bikes being confiscated"

Legally owned, possibly. Legally used, no.

As some would say "Low hanging fruit". Given the experience of many on here I would like the Police to go after the bikes actually stolen from riders. The amount of effort put into that seems at odds with legally owned bikes being confiscated

Probably at least partially right however it is also the case that bikes being illegally used have a significantly higher proportion of being illegally acquired than bikes being legally used.

My impression is that each year the organisers do more to try and provide parking. Something I would like to see is a bit more tape to keep spectators back from the sections but then again the organisers have enough to do already, bit more sense from some spectators would help.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...