Stourbridge Trial

badger360

We will not be running our trial tomorrow, we are hoping to run our Xmas trial on the 18th December and as usual the details will be published both in the press and on Trials Central well in advance.

It surprises me that someone who is not even based in our Centre can make ill judged comments about how clubs operate it is this attitude that puts people organizing events.

Moved to the area, It's seems to the fixture list has little bearing on what's on and it's only when someone asks on here we find out it's been moved or cancelled.  Sorry but that's a fact with so many changes but little info for the riders from some clubs.

Edited by gasserguy
  • Like 2

Gasserguy,  come and ride the AMCA winter championship. All local venues. First round 6th November Howards wood near Kidderminster/Dudley. 

All dates and venues will be published in this calendar and tmx. To view the whole championship calendar go to     amca.uk.com.   Also lots of updates etc at midland area amca trials on facebook.       Tom

• Like 2

The fixture list is arranged up to thirteen months before some events, a lot can happen in this time, loss of land, land not available on date, organisers circumstances etc, all organisers are volunteers doing it in their own time. All Stourbridge T.C. trials have for years been advertised on Trials Central calender and TMX news.

Dave, I've seen at least 3 or 4 trials cancelled in the last month local to the Kidderminster area. If the fixture list isnt likely to be accurate, what's the point in having it? Im another that asks regular if certain trials are on. The fact of the matter is, the centre is not what it was, particularly clubs in and around the West Midlands. Nobody doubts that people are putting themselves out for us to ride, to which many of us appreciate. That said, if your hearts not in it as an organiser or not so motivated anymore then what's the point? The Midland centre could learn an awful lot from the Western Centre, many of my rides are entered via the acu website down here - this is the future, together with social media. I think the Midlands is crying out for new blood, new clubs etc. I'm fortunate I'm near Gloucester now, if I was still in the West Midlands I could see me interest waining because the likes of Stour, Bewdley, Dudley etc do not run events like they did 20 years ago.

• Like 1

The Midland Centre Clubs are mainly run by people who have done it for many years, no younger people want to take it on, there are plenty who will help with marking out but do not want to deal with the most time consuming job, the paperwork which has increased over the years. I was trials sec for twenty five years, had to give it up due to parent health problems, and have no intention of doing it again now I am wrong side of sixty. 

I do agree that the fixture list is not always accurate and would benefit with ongoing management where clubs unable to run on date taken inform whoever would manage it for deletion and add extra events etc. But then we come back to the question who wants to do it? The majority just want to ride without putting anything back in. 

• Like 1