Honda Cg 125 Trials-Ish

silverwood

So a rather rusty but very cheap CG miraculously appeared in my garage. I'd had one as my first road bike when I was seventeen and went everywhere on it. But I was a bit unsure of what to do with this one. It was too rusty and worn to keep as it was so it needed sorting out. A couple of mates have RTXs which they are putting on the road and that was when the penny dropped. The CG needed to become the trials CG!

Or rather trials-ish CG. I've a '03 Sherco for the proper stuff but I've always wanted a bike on the road that had decent trials ability. So I started to strip the CG and compile a list... and that's about as far as I've got ?

139BF368-4F71-4C94-B9C6-0DC7B1E18C38_zps

So I think I need a 21" wheel, a high level exhaust, a sump guard, longer shocks, a seat and some mudguards. There are a few possibles too like relocating and changing the pegs, changing the rear rim and moving the stands etc.

I've seen a few CG builds online but can't find much information which is where the knowledge of this place will hopefully come in! Can I run a TL 125 exhaust? Such as the Sammy Miller one? Are there any well known front wheel swaps or is it a lace in a new rim job? If so what size of rim and from where? As you can see I've got the idea but not much else ? Thoughts so far?

• Like 1

Hi, yeah I ride one regularly on the road, build more to isdt spec rather than trials. I run a Sammy high level front pipe, and it does fit with mods. It needs a larger flange welding on where the exhaust fits into the barrel. Other than that spot on fit. The biggest change I made was to the foot pegs. Big frame mods have to be made to get a decent setup.