M27 Frame Number

markg

Hi all,

I just picked a nice M27 but can't seem to find the frame number. I checked the usual places, headstock and above the footpeg.

Has anyone come across this before.?

The bike was apparently bought new in 1967 in Spain then shipped to Canada shortly there after by the same person. He then got injured and the. Bike sat in storage for the next 45 years.

• Like 1

Nice looking bike,rare in Australia. The only thing I could suggest is that it was a replacement frame, for whatever reason, and therefore had no numbers. No ideas other than that. I know recently a friend purchased a new Aprilia road bike frame and it was not stamped also I know of a recent purchase of a Gas Gas frame that also wasn't stamped.

Cheers Greg

Hello Markg,

As you may see elsewhere on the forum, I have a 1968 model 10 No.1275 which doesn't have a number on the frame and as far as I can gather did not have a replacement frame. Although it does have a frame number on the logbook as it was registered for road use.

Strange, but it seems this crops up from time to time.

Larry 2.

Hi Larry,

I remember your M10 post. I have a M10, #1085 that has a frame number on head stock and also have a M49 series 1 with frame number on frame above footpeg.

I pulled the seat and tank off but nothing jumping out as yet. The prior owner of this one says it's as it was new so guessing it didn't have one.

Thanks for everyone's comments.

I'll pull it out if it ever stops raining and post some more pictures.

Mark