Beta Evo 250 2009 Wheel Bearing

jon0881

Hi,

I just picked up a clean 2009 evo 250. Yes its the snappy frame and swinger model but it looks ok to me for now :)

The rear wheel bearing needs sorting out do i got the part number from the parts list 61904. Thinking back to when i did my KTM i was told to buy a decent third party bearing to the same spec. Then i was told to buy the full KTM kit which included dust covers and the internal spacer.

Whats the craic with these then? Just grab a decent make one from Ebay orr off to the stealer?

Anything else i should watch for or have spare in my toolbox? BTW the map switch, 1 is full power right?

Cheers

Jon

Wheel bearings from a trials dealer under the Apico brand will be quite sufficient - fairly cheap probably less than a tenner the pair, knock old ones out, clean up spacer,  pick off seal, pack new ones with clean grease  replace seal and tap in. Easy job and will last for a couple of years hard use.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I installed the correct ones last night. For anyone attempting this and doesn't know let me share a tip albeit obvious to most. On my KTM it was possible to move the inner spindle just out the way to get a drift in from the other side. On the beta this was not the case but it was possible to fit a smaller socket to the inside of the bearing and hit the lip of the spindle to knock the bearing out on the other side. I applied heat to the other side before bashing away.