Irc Tyre On Swm Rims, Ok?

iconic558

Pulling the trigger on a new rear tyre, my riding buddy tells me I should go for a IRC locally at £75 inclusive.

Are they OK on SWM standard rims?

Currently running a 4 year old Michelin, that's hard as nails, which has never sat right on the rim properly, one side is always higher than the other no matter how many times we fit the tyre so I look like (yes, I know and ride like!) Coco the Clown :blush:

Edited by iconic558

Couldn't have put it better b40rt. I've got a Golden Tyre Gecko 355 on the rear of my 125. Really good as far as grip is concerned but the thing just won't sit on the rim even with two rimlocks. No big prob at very low speed but terrible at anything in 3rd upwards.

The IRC on my 320 was an easy fit and has stayed put ever since. Both are on the standard Akront rims.

• Like 1

Couldn't have put it better b40rt. I've got a Golden Tyre Gecko 355 on the rear of my 125. Really good as far as grip is concerned but the thing just won't sit on the rim even with two rimlocks. No big prob at very low speed but terrible at anything in 3rd upwards.

The IRC on my 320 was an easy fit and has stayed put ever since. Both are on the standard Akront rims.

Hi Stan Wellback, The handler I bought the Geckos from, told me that they were the ideal tyres for my bike, weight and application. He was, apparently, involved in the R&D of the tyres.

In the meantime, Golden Tyre had stopped it's trial tyre production. Whether or not they have restarted or not I don't know.

Wierd thing is, the Gecko was a real pain to get onto the rim, I expected it to sit sooooo tight. The IRC was a doddle to get on the rim and I am really surprised at how well it sits even after running some real low pressures.