Yamaha...

heffergm

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but... 

What's the deal with the frankenstein yamaha that #2 is riding in Japan? It's clearly a factory bike (or at least a factory sponsored bike), but obviously they don't sell whatever this is in the west (and I suspect not in Japan either, but not sure).

Why does Yamaha want to run a one-off bike?

I reckon that Yamaha just want to have their livery on show wherever possible. Back when they were selling motors to Scorpa for use in Scorpa trials bikes, the bikes that the Yamaha sponsored riders rode in Japan were Scorpas but decorated as Yamahas.

Now that Scorpa trials bikes no longer have Yamaha motors, Yamaha can make a semi-works trials bike any way they want and decorate it as a Yamaha and vive la difference. It's not as if they are going to redecorate a Honda 4RT in Yamaha livery.

I just wish that Yamaha would (once again) make a decent production trials bike and sell it internationally.

One English rider, a friend with a good expert riding standard, in Japan last year for the World Round as a minder, was allowed to ride one of the 4T Yamahas (not KKs bike tho') and loved it!

Said it was a great bike the best has has ever ridden. 

He also preferred it to the 4RT, 260s or 300s.