A Different Look At The Scott Trial

laird387

Wow, the Scott trial is over for another year - all the usual trials and tribulations - every one who took part be it as rider, valiant observer, helper with the course preparation or whatever will have their own tales to tell that will keep them going through the long winter's evenings at club nights or pub sessions....

But what did you think of the press coverage this year - to me it seemed a bit sparse to say the least.

But the Scott trial is the oldest event on the calendar - it was the first event of its kind any where in the world so surely deserves better.

Well, I'm no longer involved in the sporting motorcycle press but with my very good friend and colleague, Barry Robinson, have clocked up a mere ONE HUNDRED AND TEN YEARS active photojournalism between us - moreover both of us have been involved in various ways and tasks at the Scott from the outset of both of our riding experiences.  We decided to try our hands at something a little different this year so we have created a digital magazine supplement of our established reference source of offroad motorcycle sport, ORRe.

Exclusively available from this trialscentral site very shortly will be a twenty-eight page Scott Trial Supplement in which every rider who finished in the top forty is featured.  What is more the supplement is totally free to everyone who is a paid-up supporter of ORRe - and that means that for a maximum fee of £12 you get instant access to all FORTY-EIGHT back issues plus the Scott Supplement and also all the issues that will be published in the next twelve months.

Daylight robbery, I call it...............

To whet your appetite here is another look at this year's winner, James Dabill, photographed exclusively for ORRe by Barry Robinson at a section where no other photographers were working.

Enjoy!

post-19290-0-14190800-1478779143_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

when all the information discussion (photos where no photographers were by peeps using their phones) social media has taken over in many ways hence the demise of tmx. In fact most would probably look on here for scott info so dont see how there any need for any other "review" weeks after?

• Like 1

when all the information discussion (photos where no photographers were by peeps using their phones) social media has taken over in many ways hence the demise of tmx. In fact most would probably look on here for scott info so dont see how there any need for any other "review" weeks after?

Yep it was all on FB within 24 hours, pic wise or vids here or on YT

All done & dusted

Hi Nigel and Johnny,

I agree with you entirely, why would anyone who is satisfied with the quality achieved by 'phone cameras and Facebook or YouTube ever need to see what a highly experienced photographer using an expensive professional Nikon has to offer, even a photographer who has been actively involved with all aspects of the trials for many years, not only riding but marking out Scott routes over the Reeth moors, etc., has to offer - even when it is EXCLUSIVELY available supporting the very forum you are both happy to use.

Then again maybe you are not worried what the outcome of rubbishing the efforts of people who have spent lifetimes supporting and helping to create and promote the sport might be.............. 

Edited by laird387
  • Like 1

Might not get the quality, but you do see a cross section rather than the "chosen few "

I agree

Barry's pics are superb as are Eric Kitchens, Andy's, Neil Sturgeons, Jaxx Lawsons etc

They give a wide cross section of sections, angles etc and we are better served than ever with our pro trials snappers

I wasn't rubbishing your publication, it is fantastic and a nice monento of this year's Scott, but merely commenting about the instant social media world we live in

Even I got some pics on Facebook :)

• Like 3

Hi Nigel and Johnny,

I agree with you entirely, why would anyone who is satisfied with the quality achieved by 'phone cameras and Facebook or YouTube ever need to see what a highly experienced photographer using an expensive professional Nikon has to offer, even a photographer who has been actively involved with all aspects of the trials for many years, not only riding but marking out Scott routes over the Reeth moors, etc., has to offer - even when it is EXCLUSIVELY available supporting the very forum you are both happy to use.

Then again maybe you are not worried what the outcome of rubbishing the efforts of people who have spent lifetimes supporting and helping to create and promote the sport might be.............. 

Derek I also wasnt rubbishing anyone or everyones efforts merely answering the question you yourself asked in the initial comment I quote "But what did you think of the press coverage this year - to me it seemed a bit sparse to say the least".

Nigel,

To quote you "don't see how there any need for any other "review" weeks after?"

Well, it was only weeks after because the photos were requested on behalf of T+MX, then not used - so sooner than let them go to waste I put in the effort to create a supplement - do you still feel it was a waste of time?