Electrex Ignition

scbond2

Oh on reading the germane introduction It says the woodruff isn't needed? Says it has a cone I don't like the idea off that if I was to buy 1 I think id get mine from the same place has you.

To be absolutely clear, I only said that the flywheel looked exactly like the one in the link. 
(it's the same brand flywheel and coil as mine)
In fact I bought mine from francetrialclassic.com wich was a bit more expensive, but included a suitable flywheel puller.
  • Like 1

guys how dose the flywheel fit on the crank with no woodruff key?

The taper is what does the work, the key is only to allow quick assembly in the same spot every time. This is why you need a puller to remove flywheels, you need to break the mate of the 2 pieces

Never had a bike without the key but have seen what happens if the key is slightly too high making the taper not make full contact

I would assume there will be marks that have to line up when the motor is set either at TDC or firing position before you tighten the flywheel up fully

• Like 3

guys your the only 1 i know with this igniton dose the bike perform well with it?

I'm afraid I can't compare it to other bikes with different systems, but it performs the same as the original system with points, without the hassle of points.

The bike starts very easy and runs very well, it probably has a stronger spark.

As far as I can tell with my strobe light, my system doesn't have an advance curve built in.
(The German site also doesn't seem to mention that their system has an advance curve)

When you're in the the neighborhood, you're always welcome for a test ride.   :wacko:

Edited by guys

Yes ill come over in my privet jet this Afternoon. :rotfl: thanks for the info I think ill stay with points on the 340 and if I do decide to buy a electronic ignition I will buy the cheaper 1 from over here the ones I get are £100 cheaper. :kerstsmiley: 

• Like 1