Ty175 Oversize Piston + 2Mm

mattylad

I am looking for a 2mm oversize piston for a Ty175.

I assume it will have to be aftermarket, does anyone know of a brand that lasts as it will be on its last bore and the porting is good.

The new 1.5mm that was in when I bought the cylinder has lasted about 2 trials before starting to rattle hence the question and I cannot identify the brand

The new 1.5mm that was in when I bought the cylinder has lasted about 2 trials before starting to rattle hence the question and I cannot identify the brand

That’s probably more to do with who bored it rather than the piston

I never come across a piston that wears out after two trials no matter how cheap!

hello, 2mm oversize that would be 68mm ?

I have seen these on ebay for the DT175 , which should be interchangeable with a TY175

{but check before buying, I could be wrong}

also seem to remember the TY250 mono, standard size piston was 68mm, I think and MAY fit

again check all dimensions before buying , its been a few years since I had the same problem and I cant remember which piston I ended up using !

hope this is helpful

It's key to get the re-borer to bore to the piston type being used - cast metal piston or whatever type, as different rates of piston heat expansion for the new piston being used have to be taken into account by the re-borer, with regards to +/- a thou or two of the re-bore.

Edited by dpyam