Oset 16.0 Speed

emerson

Hi 

I recently bought an Oset 16.0 36v (second hand) for my 7 yr old son.  I've tried it out myself in the back garden but it goes quite slow (with power up full) up a fairly gentle slope (not much more than walking pace) with me on it (I'm about 80kg I guess).  I've charged the batteries and they take charge ok.  they are all reading 12.7 volts.  Is that too low, i.e. are the batteries done?  I guess they should all be reading about 13 v if they're in very good condition?  Other than the batteries being low is there any reason the bike would go slow (chain seems to be ok).

THere is some resistance when I push the bike; I can feel the poles of the motor; is that normal or should it be completely free wheeling?

There is definitely resistance when pushing the bike no doubt someone will be able to give the technical reason, but it's not like a petrol bike in neutral.

Sorry to state the obvious but does yours the the power speed and response dials under the rubber cover below the key?

My sons 48v 20 can still pull me along at a fair speed on flat and pulls me up a hill so I assume the 36v should still pull you ok, does it get up to speed with your son on. I haven't measured it but guess it's around 20mph. 12.7 v measured from a charged battery sounds right.

There is definitely resistance when pushing the bike no doubt someone will be able to give the technical reason, but it's not like a petrol bike in neutral.

Sorry to state the obvious but does yours the the power speed and response dials under the rubber cover below the key?

My sons 48v 20 can still pull me along at a fair speed on flat and pulls me up a hill so I assume the 36v should still pull you ok, does it get up to speed with your son on. I haven't measured it but guess it's around 20mph. 12.7 v measured from a charged battery sounds right.

It has just a power adjuster (next to the key, under the seat and to the rear of the batteries, just one adjuster though, and I had it on full power). Son hasn't ridden it yet; he's going to get it at christmas.

Certainly doesn't seem to be capable of anything like this (click forward to 0:52, when an adult can be seen riding it pretty fast);

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlqwc0EVGN4

The video is what the Oset should be capable of, a few unwary adults have tried ours stood on it and opened throttle fully only to find the bike has pulled them off their feet due to the torque. Very manageable if you're expecting them.

Afraid I'm no electronics expert but if you email jason@osetbikes.com they are very helpful

checked all my connections and tightened everything up.Maybe I was expecting too much.  It goes at 14mph on the flat with me on board, and about 18mph down a slight slope. Would this be normal?  standard gearing i think.

I strapped a voltmeter onto it as i rode.  at no load, the batteries read 36 v.   at full load with me on it the voltage was steady at 30.6v.

anyone know if this is about right?

2016-11-26%2017.47.11_zpskkqlgdfr.jpg

2016-11-26%2017.47.32_zps4sacpn3h.jpg