Vintage Ossa Mar 7Mm Fasteners

pmk

Here in the US, 7mm fasteners are not common. Not that I need many, but is there a reasonably priced source for this size fastener.

The real oddballs I need, since I had to drill them to remove the skidplate, are the 7mm flush head slotted screws.

Edited by pmk

Hi pmk, Composite race/road wheels use 7 mm bolts and can be found in all sorts of head forms. BBS for example but there are an awful lot of aftermarket tuners/customizers to be found.

They are also available in titanium and if you want, gold plated.

They're not common in the UK either but when I've searched and bought them off ebay in the UK,  I've also seen them available in the US on ebay.  If you search for M7 Cap Head  you should find them easy enough

• Like 1

Just been having another look for M7 as I have some bar risers to fit on my MAR and the existing bar clamp cap heads aren't long enough. Searched ebay again but this time no sign of the M7 countersunk screws I saw before.

If you're struggling you can replace those in the front of the sump with M6 which is what I've always done.

At the rear you can always drill out the threads in the frame lug on the sprocket side and use M8 nut and bolt which also gives a bit more leeway than just trying to use a bolt if the sump is out of shape and holes don't line up fully. On the clutch side I've never had a bike, since the one I had nearly new, that has a sump that is still straight enough to fit the bolt on this side so mine are only ever secured on the sprocket side. If yours does line up you could always tap the thread out to M8 x 1.mm pitch, they should prove easier to find

• Like 1

Thanks Woody and others for the reply.

I have been looking at EBay, Fastenal and several other online sources with minimal luck.

Since I am doing this bike kind of restomod, rather than restoring it, it may be easiest to do as you suggest and convert to 8mm at all mount locations.

Good info on Menards. Those stores are not in this area, but we do have one local hardware chain that may carry them. I have been checking Fastenal also.

These skid plate bolts are oddballs. Before I get too crazy, I think checking with some of the OSSA parts guys here in the USA may be best.

I will post how it is sorted out.

• Like 1