12.5 Or 16.0 For 5 Yers Old.

moto

That is the question, I can not decide so please help if you had similar problem when choosing the first bike for your child. 

He is on his second push bike already on "16 wheels. Prefers to rides bigger now. He will hold the weight of oset16 when stationary at the shop, but not sure he will manage in slow turns or over obstacles. 12.5 seems too small but sales person at the shop advice is to

get 12 for him for one year. 

Unfortunatelly can not find anywhere he could try both near London. He was on Kuberg trailE at bike show but that was too tall. 

14582298_1451466544881831_19461866483246

post-23107-0-83623500-1480793450_thumb.jpg

post-23107-0-25626300-1480793474_thumb.jpg

Had same problem this time last year and opted for a 16R oset  and was over biked for 6months

still pretty unsteady on the turns but only because we don't get enough time to ride it get the16 as

kids grow so fast

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

My lad is a tall 4 year old we borrowed a 12.5 for him to learn on but as you can see from your lads feet they angle down to get caught on every bump he rode over he kept hurting his ankles. If you can borrow the 12.5 for a few practice rides to gain confidence then buy a 16. the only down side could be the extra weight of the 16.

Edited by lennie

He's a big looking 5 year old. I'd go for the 16. My son had his when he was 5 as well, and although the instant torque right off the bottom took a while to get used to, he was fine eventually and he rode it right up to this year when I finally sold it. He's 8 now.

• 4 weeks later...

• 3 months later...

I'm happy that I went with 16. Kids grow so fast, few months later and its perfect size now :)

First Oset Cup this weekend. Anyone else from here in Herts on Sunday?

Need to buy and fit lanyard on Sat as the one i had from my exc is working in opposite way... Any links to fitting instructions? 

oset.jpg