Alpina Aluminium Tank

gooey

Hi, ive read lots of posts and got lots of useful imformation over the last few years on this site, but this is my first post. Im restoring an aplina 85 and i saw an aluminium tank on a certain auction site. It comes from a company called enfield county in india. Has anyone had any dealings with them and are their tanks any good. Any imformation would be appreciated. Thanks.

• 6 months later...

Did you ever get one of these because I was about to order 1 myself,my tank was not bad but 2 years on and an attempt with expensive sealer. It's starting to bubble and go soft.

The one thing is in the pictures the filler has an external thread ,is it possible to get a cap ,Enfield county don't do one , any ideas guys?

Hi, no I haven't yet, but I contacted them and they do a Monza cap which fits on the external thread, it was hard work talking to them by email but got there in the end. If you get one could you let me know what they're like because my fibreglass tank is delaminating inside. Cheers.

That's a help thanks ,looking on eBay there's loads of Monza caps with screw threads.

I'll probably order a tank next week , I've since heard of someone who got a steel tank from India which was fine.

Keep you posted

• Like 1

The boys that have an Add for there great internet shop at the top of this page have a new tank in that style for sale looks good. It has fiberglass cover over a aluminium tank, i was looking at one they had on there stand at the Telford bike show. 

2 hours ago, bultacorock said:

The boys that have an Add for there great internet shop at the top of this page have a new tank in that style for sale looks good. It has fiberglass cover over a aluminium tank, i was looking at one they had on there stand at the Telford bike show. 

are you saying you saw a new replacement fibreglass over aluminium Alpina or Sherpa T tank?

• Like 1

Here is a link to the tank in question. It looks a well made item as I saw one close up at the Telford show back in February.

https://www.inmotiontrials.com/product/sherpa-alloy-inner-tank-fiberglass-cover/

Bear in mind its listed for a Sherpa, so it will have a smaller capacity than the original Alpina tank.

Edited by model80
  • Like 1

Hi feetupfun thats the one that Scot Taco and Model80 are talking about, i think the photo in Model80s link shows the fiberglass cover and a bit of the alloy inner tank, it looked ok to me. and Inmotion are nice people to deal with and almost every thing i have ordered arrives the next day.

• Like 1

Yes the aluminium tank with fibreglass cover a good thing. I was after a tank for my M85 and was thinking about buying the Sherpa T tank from Inmotion but really wanted the Alpina shape and fuel capacity. Luckily I was soon able to buy another M85 that has a decent M85 fuel tank.

I also have an M80 and two saddish M80 tanks and am trying to decide whether to fix up one of the old tanks or get a new one from Inmotion

• Like 2

• 1 month later...