Resistance Readings

philbeese

I have a Gas Gas TXT280 pro 2004, I think that the coil may be breaking down.  It's a ducati coil and cdi in one.  Can anyone give me the resistance readings for this type of coil please.  I would like to test it before going to the expense of buying a new one if it's not the problem.

Thank you, much appreciated

• 5 weeks later...

Not sure if West coast windings are still on the go, but if they are I wouldn't personally use them again from my experience for a stator rewind if you go down that route. They made a complete mess of mine years ago after I had my stator rewound, they claimed to have fixed it, sent it to me, I fit it to the bike no spark? I send back they claimed it was the trigger coil gone so they chopped off mine and rewired a new one on at my expense, I refitted still no spark, I had a friend with the same bike so we pulled his apart and fitted his bits to mine so I knew it was definitely something they had done wrong. Turned out they had rewound it backwards and had reversed the polarity so I had to swap the light blue and dark blue wires, I only found this out from contacting Steve at Motoplat. I couldn't praise him enough!!

As said in previous post, Steve at Motoplat is the man to talk to.

Edited by steve1979