Set Motor Timing Oset 20R

Hi,  I am using the motor from a Oset 20R for a project bike (started as a kart but after getting the motor it is too perfect for the bike project).  I need to reverse the rotation of the shaft, which is easy enough but throws off the timing.

Does anyone have info about timing these motors?

Thanks

I would measure the current at a fixed voltage ( not through the controller but just a fixed 24v ) with the motor running in the timed (default) direction, then just time it to the same current in the opposite direction , then you should be good to go. 

edit:

or use a tachco and time it for the exact same speed at the exact same voltage ( just the motor... no load ).

Edited by gwhy
  • Like 1

Is the motor designed to run in both directions ? I am not sure all D.C. motors are.

its just the timing that determins the direction .. if the current/speed is identical in both directions then it has neutral timing but most are optimised for a spesific direction . I beleive that the timing can be adjusted on the oset motors, just not sure how easy it is to do with the oset brushed motors.