Swm Blue?

fourex

As above, the exact colour or colour code for the SWM frames still eludes me, I was told the Subaru WRX blue (code 02C) was a close match, and indeed it is close but still not close enough for me. I know I'm being pedantic here, but since I've started paint stripping my Jumbo which was obviously re-painted in the wrong shade of blue by a previous owner (refer attached pic), I have found traces of the original slightly metallic and darker blue underneath and it's not quite the same as Subaru WRX blue. Any advice appreciated. Also still chasing info on my previous post regarding seat/tank/shroud arrangement.

post-14580-0-77329400-1481365092_thumb.jpeg

My friend had a blue framed SWM (Pernod) back when almost new and it was a surprisingly dark blue. Don't remember it being metallic but I can't remember what I had for dinner yesterday being 53.

PS It seems Jumbo's were metallic but can't find the RAL after googling it.

Edited by iconic558

• 3 weeks later...

• 10 months later...

Hello chappo, have not yet found an exact match, however bear in mind I lost interest several months ago due to too many other dismantled projects laying around me. I did find at the time that the Subaru wrx (02c) and Toyota Tidal blue (common Toyota colour in OZ) are quite close but are a little lighter and a little too iridescent, I did mention previously that I'm a pedantic prick didn't I ?

I'll get back to this SWM project in 2018. Since my last post I have managed to find a set of used but original SWM blue front guard brackets which I'll use in the future as a reference when I go to one of those auto shops that mix up rattle cans for you. Once I have a rattle can formula that matches and I know what the ingredients are I can take that to someone that will do the proper 2 pac, that's my thinking anyway.

Pic attached, not the best though!

20171031_164619.jpg

• Like 2