Haase Low Friction Sprockets

leembarnes

I have not tried one but a few things spring to mind. As the load is concentrated on fewer teeth wear rates could be higher. On a trials bike the teeth not only transmit power the keep the chain in line when it hits rocks etc, fewer teeth probably mean more chain offs.

Also the present system works pretty well - why change it. Trials bikes have more power than they need, a bit lost due to friction does not matter. If these sprockets really give less friction (meaning more performance and or less fuel used) why is motoGP where any marginal gain important, not using them.

Edited by dadof2
  • Like 2

Looks like snake oil* to me. Chain drive is one of the most efficient drive methods in use because the only significant friction loss is when the chain enters or leaves the sprocket and slides over the tooth and bends to the angle of the sprocket and the reverse on leaving the sprocket. You lose a lot more efficiency using an o-ring chain.

* I have a good understanding of Snake Oil. After all, I was born in the same city as Lydia Pinkham.

Look it up kids.

• Like 2