Don't want these Ads? Why not sign up as a Trials Central Supporter.

dadof2

One For The Americans

174 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, pmk said:

People will breath when Trump is gone. He breeds intolerance, ignorance and doesn NOT represent the majority of the people in the country with his ignorant views and statements. Not to mention he is a complete idiot and only compounds this by every time he speaks.

And now we have people wanting George Washington and other statues removed and parks renamed.  Because they were a part of slavery by having slaves.  But in the same context, weren't these same slaves sold by there own people, then placed on ships.  

There is no way to erase history.  A wise person accepts history, learns from it and appreciates what it may have given them.

This past week may be the tip of the iceburg, already seeing topics to remove statues and all evidence of Martin Luther King since he opposed same sex marraige.  I know there are a lot of streets that will be renamed and a lot of statues either destroyed or taken down.

People should take a deep breath and then think clearly about all of this.

IMG_0669.JPG

IMG_0670.JPG

IMG_0671.JPG

Don't want these Ads? Why not sign up as a Trials Central Supporter.

Amen!

But wait, there's more.

IMG_0672.JPG

IMG_0673.JPG

IMG_0674.JPG

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

To some extent I believe this.  I would never say the man is perfect or without fault.  I will say that he has at times been placed in a position where he can not please everyone nor make a statement that accomodates all and if no statement is made, he is scorned for doing nothing.

As I read or see photos about terrorism, or wack jobs stabbing, killing or using cars as weapons in other countries, it is sad to see how others all around the world also have little respect for life.  You might focus on the USA and Trump as you feel is incompetent.   Are we seeing other world leaders making all the correct statements and actions?  Probably not.

The way Austrailia is headed with the ousting of politicians on account of dual citizenship, that seems to be another hot topic, and is either a blessing or curse depending on how you consider the politicians agenda.

IMG_0675.JPG

Edited by pmk
1 person likes this

22 hours ago, guys said:

Unite the US!? By not outright condemming the actions of nazi's and white supremacists. Is that how one unites the country?  
He can't even keep his administration (or what do you call it) together. He acts like a CEO with too much money and power: If one of his staff members doesn't do exactly like he wants it, he fires him. He's the worst example you could have, that an industrial manager, also would make a good political leader.
If they can't replace Obama care, it's always someone elses fault, never his, although he claimed to be the best negotiator in the world.
An effing disgrace, that's what he is.

You make many good points.  The recent Nazi / White Supremists is a very recent event.  Yes Trump could have come straight out and immediately condemned that group.  He did stumble in his response, though I never saw anywhere he endorsed their actions.  On a grander scale, I speculate the meetings about what happened went far more in depth, possibly to the point of will this turn into another set of riots and looting as we have seen in the past in LA and other cities.  Very possibly, as he stumbled, the facts and details were still uncertain.

As for firing members of his team, no doubt the hinges on several doors will soon need changing.  We can read and speculate all we want.  I suspect some of the people walked because the intensity of current events and uncertainty of being on a winning or losing agenda directed their longterm goals.  Others have made statements that warranted being fired.  Time will tell if he is keeping his best people or building a losing team.  

We are now seeing other groups step away because they do not align with his comments or statements.  This leaves me a bit perplexed.  If everyone quits as the going gets tough, nothing difficult will be accomplished.

Be very cautious how you bring Obamcare into your posts.  While our politicians can not get it repealed, or decide on a better replacement, the program itself is seeing the supporting pillars failing.  On the outside, things look good on paper some times.  Reality seems to be taking its toll on Obamacare.  Trump wants medical coverage to be there.  He does not oppose that.  The fundamental costs are what is going to bring Obamacare to an end.  The insurance companies, those that are involved with the program are pulling out, either entirely or largely.  No doubt because the money is not there for them.  As Trump and other business folks study this, they see a boat with holes, and few bucket to bail, and no means to plug the holes.  Word is California residents have seen costs increases of 25% over 2 years.  More than most can burden so now they are considering the lesser cost of paying tne penalty and going with no insurance.  Obamacare was not truly medical coverage, it was in esscence, just another tax on citizens.

As disgraceful as you see him, myself, I find his plans to help veterans something long over due.  Trump has set his sights on revoking unfair trade deals and strived to level the playing field for the American worker.  In doing this, he is proving he can bring jobs back to the USA, and tnat is not something anyone can credit Obama for.  Citizens, know there is a serious problem with illegals.  Trump and his team have worked to ensure that simple laws of the USA are enforced, and if it results in deporting, then those sent back needed to realize the possible consequence before heading for the USA.  Trump has vowed to get inner city crime under control, and along with that, do all possible to reduce the known hard core drug problem within the USA.  The man proposes to rebuild our aging and failing infastructure, and is signing legislation to make it happen.

What you deem as disgraceful, many would consider that opinion in line with those of the spoiled children and teenagers.  True working Americans tend to welcome improvement, and while loyalty to the Democratic or Republican side is often a driving force, almost every American welcomes the previously mentioned change.

I welcome the day, and hope it is soon, when those that disrespect the USA, what it was founded on and what it represents to us are no longer brought into the limelight with expectations.  A footbal player, that is a US citizen or other sports figuire, or anyone that choices not to respect the US Flag and what it stands for has that right, but at the same time should be asked to not attend opening cerimonies, simply as they are truly not welcome there.  Let them sit in the locker room.

Schools that no longer pledge allegiance to the flag.  If the student is a foreigner that is understandable, but as a US citizen, each of us is expected to do anything need to defend this country.

Our money, and from long ago, it has always stated, "In God We Trust".  Ironic, every religion derms a god.  I believe even satan worshipers.  There is not specific gods named mentioned, not Zues, satan Allah, or any.  People need to accept and move forward.

The true disgrace will be watching as each group with an agenda comes forward, only to find, true Americans do not back down.  We tolerate to a point, and when the threshold is met, things end or happen quickly.

Bruce or Caitlyn Jenner, interesting and a role model to some.  Enough so that people expect sex change individuals to be allowed in the military.  The military has very defined criteria regarding health requirements.  If you do not meet them, whether male, or female, you are not allowed in.  A sex change person easily fails the requirements, so now the rules should be changed, no.  That would be a disgrace.  Possibly Belgium is tolerant and allows sex change soldiors.

If the world were perfect and everyone was truly happy, it could be wonderful.  Unfortunately that is a fantasy that is as old as man.  When I live in a country of millions, made up of many races and religions, I see the huge majority of people that get along very well, while having differences of opinions.  Nothing is perfect, though I do suspect if more positive topics regarding news, politics and current events were shown or read, that good would be very contageous, finding the proverbial good over evil.

All the best for you amd your country, currently as screwed up as we may be, there is no big enticement to have Americans move there.

All the best to you.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Steve Fracy tried to quote a previous post of mine.  Somehow he added an additional paragraph that was not part of the original and doubtful it was written and posted by me.  Like Fake News, Steves post is false and misleading.  The post was placed Friday at 5:34 pm.

Edited by pmk
1 person likes this

Facing facts is pretty hard for some  pmk, that's the trend, make it up. I wonder if Steve Fracy knows of the recent change in Canadian law that makes it a criminal offence to not ask a gay person what title he / she would like to be addressed before speaking with him. 

Wow, this thread has gone full-blown right-wing extremist conspiracy theory!  Will you all be trying to run women and children over next time you get behind the wheel?

1 person likes this

Watching trump speak at his "stroke my ego rally".I can,t believe this ******* is the president.He surely cannot unite this country because he really only wants to unite his base and make everyone else the enemy.

1 person likes this