Waiter There's A Lawyer In My Soup!

breagh

I'm not making this up for once.

A local Trials club; no names. is to stop serving soup ( FOC I may add ) to riders after the trial. 

Apparently a member pointed out at the AGM that a rider falling ill after partaking may leave the club wide to legal action.

No way is this decision connected to the club being in the North East of Scotland an area noted for extreme thriftyness and deserted streets on poppy day.

I'm not making this up for once.

A local Trials club; no names. is to stop serving soup ( FOC I may add ) to riders after the trial.

Apparently a member pointed out at the AGM that a rider falling ill after partaking may leave the club wide to legal action.

No way is this decision connected to the club being in the North East of Scotland an area noted for extreme thriftyness and deserted streets on poppy day.

If you descended from the 42nd floor of "Breagh Tower", you would realise this is never going to happen.

Said location is home to many uber litigious yank oil companies. Elf and safety is endemic up there. Don't know how many hours of my life I've wasted watching slight variants of the same bollocks safety videos.

• Like 1

So how could any lawyer prove that the rider hadn't  taken in a gob full of cow/sheep/badger/fox sh-- while they were riding the trial - nothing to do with the sheep. All this really pi--es me off. We are riding 2 wheel bikes that fall over without balance,in the countryside where other creatures live. You either take the risk or stay at home and play on your eggs box or whatever they are called. :wall:

What if there was a disclaimer signed by all at the counter on receipt of the poisonous brew?

Surely that's a simple soupolution to a pea souper of a problem ?

Mind you having eaten a lot of parsnip, cabbage

and carrot soup made by my Mum yesterday, I could well understand how various stomach pains and the odd frequent bottom noises could be construed as having been badly poisoned !!!!

Can I sue my Mum ? :)

It's the world we live in.......litigation  or " the wonders of whip lash ". No wonder so many clubs are now LTD Companies, and why landowners, to allow trials on thier land are few. On a lighter note, does seem an over reaction to free soup, maybe just a sign, next to the soup " No real meat (only the odd oxo cube), was used in the making of this soup, also gluten, wheat & vegetable may be included"...please sign the disclaimer form.     

Tell me why you can't name this club please?

Didn't want to get personal it's self confessed on our local forum if you want to look.

I'm taking a flask in future but if it explodes and covers me with burning hot soup at the Trial they will be hearing from my solicitor.

• Like 1

What if there was a disclaimer signed by all at the counter on receipt of the poisonous brew?

I can see the wording of the disclaimer now:

" This soup is poisoned.  You partake of said soup with the full knowledge of it's poisonous content  This binding contract absolves the server, cook, presenting bodies and all others associated with the poisoned soup of any and all responsibility and liability for any illness, sickness or gas it may produce."

:hyper: