Model & Year

senojr73

Hello,

We bought a Sherco bike a few weeks ago to play around with - this is the first trials bike that we have had.

We need to get a few spare parts for it but we are having trouble tracking down the model and year based on the VIN number.

It is coming up as WF0FXXWPDF2R30572 as per the attached pictures.

Can anyone tell me how to decipher this VIN as I have searched the web and it doesn't look like the normal format Sherco use?

Thanks.

post-23167-0-60590300-1482697995_thumb.jpg

post-23167-0-21206000-1482698180_thumb.jpg

Nothing like the number on mine. 

A quick look at as much of the bike as I can see in the photo says probably between 2001 & 2004 model but I'd probably lean towards the older age from the fuel recommendation label

Unfortunately the engine number on mine doesn't help with size so I doubt yours will as well, can be found across the back of the cases in front of the swingarm

Easy way to tell if it's a 2001 is rear caliper position & number of spokes, 2002 the caliper moved to inside the swingarm on the bigger bikes, I think the 125s & 200s kept the older above the swingarm calipers for at least a year longer,. Spoke count dropped from 36 to 32 at the same time 

Edited by tony27

Hello....thanks for info.

I will take a look at the rear caliper and spokes and see.

I might also take a few more pictures and stick them up to give a better view of the bike.

On the vin number end, does the vin plate look right or should it be stamped on the frame?

All chassis numbers are 17 digit.

Your plate starts with WFO which is the standard three letters to show it as German Ford.

That number is incorrect and over where the stamped in number should be.

I do agree, it's likely to be stolen.

Lightly drill off the rivets and check for a number.

The police will check a number for you, but cannot give you details etc due to data protection but will tell you if it's stolen.

At least then you'll know!