Lost In The 1986 Scott.....

laird387

Defo Gerald Richardson, check the other post, Yamaha help, no 18 was Gerald.

Well spotted jonboy, yes it was when I checked the results - mine is a handwritten copy and at first glance the number looked like '15' but a closer look spotted my mistake.

Fun, isn't it - but the serious side is that it will all help my next pictorial book which will be a fully illustrated history of the first - and still the best in my opinion - one-day trial in the world.

A further trawl through the archive revealed why Gerald was in trouble on the Yam - his chain had come off.

Enjoy.

post-19290-0-98374200-1482771792_thumb.jpg

Fabulous photos, any of any Holden sponsored Ossa's from previous years. I'm sure Russ Kerridge rode one in 82.

It'll take me back to my old 250 ' Golden Jubilee' model!

Hi jonboy,

At the last estimate there are more than 100,000 images in the archive with the vast majority never having been published before.

But getting them all out into public view is a monumental task, and just plonking images with no explanation seems to me to achieve very little - so I devised Off Road Revue as a digital magazine, available exclusively on this website, and there I am publishing as many images of interest to people as I can.

The 'rules' are quite simple - there is a simple payment of £12 a year which covers the software licence fee and gives you instant access to all the back copies (at no extra cost - and there are 50 of them so far - that's getting towards 4000 pages and not one wasted on advertising).  When you are a member you can request a search for any rider or any particular machine, etc, in the massive archive and, if we have a suitable image - you can have a copy for free.

We cover ALL offroad motorcycle sports with comprehensively illustrated reports of MOST classic current events - we published large images of every competitor in the 2015 Pre-65 Scottish - no one else did.................

Finally, yes there are images of a lot of OSSAs when Holden held the franchise - so why not join in and see for yourself.

Fabulous photos, any of any Holden sponsored Ossa's from previous years. I'm sure Russ Kerridge rode one in 82.

It'll take me back to my old 250 ' Golden Jubilee' model!

Sadly I have neither results or an entry list for the '82 Scott - but this is one of the interesting OSSAs in that event - does that help?

Enjoy. 

post-19290-0-33976000-1482776752_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

On 12/26/2016 at 3:49 PM, baldilocks said:

Agree it's the same spot Harold Crawford drowned his yam by the looks of it

He wasn't the only rider to have problems there in 1986 - this is Tony Scarlett, who survived and went on to win the event...........and also Harold Crawford (124) - drowning his motor

'0-1-2015-11-17_13.JPG

'0-1-HaroldCrawfor+1,86Scott-1.jpg