Trs Vs Gg

bbk

The 5 speed in the TRS has four trials gears that are basically the same ratios as the GG 1-4, but just one road gear. Given I use sixth gear on my GG once in a blue moon, this doesn't seem like a bad deal.

The frame geometry is also different, or at least the peg/bar relationship certainly feels different than my GG.

The motor internals are different... the TRS uses steel shift forks for example, rather than aluminum like the GG. The gears themselves on the TRS are physically larger (wider), which isn't a huge surprise given there's one less of them in there. I think the shift drum is also different.

If you're comparing the standard TRS to what is now the 'standard' GG (i.e. the GG Racing), then the rear shocks are different... Reiger (2-way) on the GG, Olle on the TRS (the TRS RR comes with a 3-way Reiger)

The GG comes with a tethered kill switch, the TRS does not (the TRS RR comes with one)

The TRS has a Dellorto carb, the GG a Keihin (the TRS RR has a Keihin)

At the moment there aren't a lot of aftermarket protective bits for the TRS, where there are for the GG: muffler, frame, linkage for example.

The front brakes on the standard TRS are two piece, the GG uses monobloc's (both Braketec). From what I can tell there's zero difference in power or feel (the TRS RR has the same monobloc's as the GG)

The front suspension (Tech) is the same on both.

The linkage on the TRS is it's own design, the GG uses a standard dogbone setup.

Edited by heffergm
  • Like 1