Beta Alp Lighting Problem

hillary

I have a 2014 Beta Alp 200 and for some reason the dipped headlamp beam does not illuminate nor does the main beam. The sidelight bulb illuminates and the main beam illuminates with the main beam flasher but I cannot understand why the dipped and main beam will not illuminate when the engine is running.

It's a new problem that showed up for no apparent reason as it was fine before.

I have tried new bulbs, I have dismantled the left side switchgear and re-assembled, but still no light. Is there a fuse that could have blown. Getting desperate now as the bike is due an MOT soon and no lights will fail it.

Are the lights on all the time ( no on/off switch,  just dip) If so it sounds like the feed wire to the dip switch has a bad connection or the wire is broken. 

For the MOT if push comes to shove you can cover all the lights up and get a day time MOT.

For those interested, a good friend from the club who investigated on my behalf a couple of days ago,  found that the 12 pin connector under the tank, which, when assembled from new, one main pin had not successfully mated with the female pin and had pushed the feed wire back out of the plastic fitting a short way, and was showing signs of arcing.

Once reassembled correctly all the power was back and the lights now work as intended.

So many thanks to David.

• Like 1