Fuel Filters

netley

Hi, Happy new year to you all.

Just wondered which inline fuel filters you use. I'm having trouble getting a good seal as the distance between tap and carb isn't huge so kinks in the pipe are a problem as is the pipe fitting squarely to the filter.

See pic.

20170101_145136.jpg

53 minutes ago, bodwheel said:

Have same problem on Frontera with Mukini. Best (but not as tidy), run longer hose under and over. Plus gives you more fuel to get through a section if you forget to turn the fuel on.

Any chance of a pic ?

You don't need them if the carb has an extra filter like AMAL, Bing and DellOrto. For the other carbs without an extra filter nigh be a good thing to have as the small plastic mesh tube attached to the petcock sometimes changes place or better said doesn't perform as thought

I use Ariete greenish transparent plastic tubes that are available in all sizes and just cost 1 - 2 € the meter depending the size. I would in any case switch to a transparent fuel line much easier to see if gas is running or not.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bondy said:

As above you don't need a inline filter as you have normally 1 in the tank and 1 in the carburettor why do you need a 3thd.

And if you have any doubts over the cleanliness of your fuel you should be filtering it as you pour it in the tank.

I`d just go with what you have there. I have Oko`s on all of mine and I use those filters as well and the Oko carb has the inlet on the other side of the carby so my hose has many bends in it. Those filters will bend with no problems. That should be fine as long as the hose isn`t kinked. Graham.

• Like 1