Rev 3 00-02 wiring. Please help

lodders91

Good afternoon all, in new to the forum so I hope I'm putting this in the right place. I've recently acquired a beta rev 3 2000 model that had a few issues. The wiring on the bike had been chopped and changed and generally a right mess, so I have stripped the old wiring and have now attempted to put it all back together. My stator has a loom attached to the CDI, 2 come out of the CDI onto the coil. The remaining 2 wires from my stator are yellow (plugs into the reg/rec) and black (presume this just wires to my kill switch? Coming from my reg/rec I have 4 wires... I would like to wire in my fan/thermostat. However I'm not quite sure how to do this, or sure what else needs to be earthed. Any help would be much appreciated. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the 00-02 ? Thank you in advance lloyd 

• Like 1

Thank you bittenagain. On my reg/rec there are 5 wires total.. 1 ac power in (yellow) then 4 out 2 double wires.. I presume 2 go to thermostat, 2 go to fan? I have no obvious earth though. Unless the tab that bolts the reg/rec to the frame is the ground? 

Hi

I just had a look, my regulator also 5 wires - 1 x yellow, 2 x blue, 1 x red/blue and 1 x red.  I think the metal tab is a ground, this is bolted to frame, bt am not sure.

Yellow is from the stator, so assume this is supply

The two blues on mine go to either terminal on the thermostat

The red/blue and red wires go to the same colour wires on the fan.

I have no other connections, as I removed all the loom for lights, horn etc previously in order to keep things simple when I replaced the regulator.

Hope this helps.

Paul

Edited by bittenagain
correction
  • Like 1

Paul this is brilliant thank you. I was worried I'd wired it wrong, as a new stator fried on me within 10 minutes.. I recon my reg/Rec is broken so will test it and order a new one along with another stator. , cheers for that 

Hi

Mine is a 6 pole stator.  There are 2 black wires from stator, one is wired into a large plug that goes to CDI.  The other is alone with just a spade connector.  This one is to kill switch, other wire from kill switch goes to earth.

Regards

Paul

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Paul, thanks for all the help so far. One more please bud. From the CDI , I have 2 wires. Red that goes to the little spade on the coil. Brown, has a small round earth. Currently I have this attached to the coil with a nut and bolt that also attaches this to the plastic protector on the left hand side just next to the fan. On the diagrams I've seen this brown wire needs to be grounded, however because it's bolted to plastic I don't see how that is possible. 

Is this correct the same as yours? 

Cheers 

lloyd 

• 2 years later...

I have a couple diagrams ,one clear, one a touch blurry, haven't checked yet to see if it's correct with regards to my 2001 rev 250, It seems there is some discrepancy in the various wiring schemes.

Here's the pics, I also have a pdf on Beta rev wiring, not sure if I can post that here though

wiring fan thermo 2.jpg

wiring fan thermo.jpg

Beta_wiring.pdf