Bike advise

allybally8

They're all good,are you buying new or used?The only way to know is riding them on the rough,not just round a dealers car park.What anybody likes best is irrelevant,Beta owners will recommend Beta,Sherco owners will recommend Sherco for example,it's what you prefer that's important 

• Like 2

Hi, Thabk you, im probably going to get a new 1 so i dont have to buy another for a few years at least, I hear what your saying with preferences, been advised away from Montesa, and the sherco seam to be a favourite at the club my kids go to, ive also been told that some bikes mapping help the rider, too confusing looking at each website, i do like the look of the Vertigo and beta best though if looks were everything :)

Been riding since I was 4, (Im 27 now and ride nationals) 2 strokes are easier to learn on, 4RT as an example are great but they can be hard work 

General rules: 

Nothing more than a 250CC

Beta, Gasgas, Sherco are all great (and proven) bikes

My EVO Beta 250 is sweet and has all the power you need (and more) 

• Like 3

Sherco, Gas Gas, Beta.  They are all good - new or second hand.  Don't bother with a 4 stroke until you gain some experience.  250s are the most popular by far, but a newcomer to the sport, or an older rider will find that the late 125s have more than enough power.  

I am sorry to disagree with everyone saying 2t is better, where I suspect everyone means 2t's are most often the easy bikes that statement is not always true, its all about the person.  From the beginning I have had an easier time on the 4t's so please what ever anyone says take a ride on as many bikes as you can and then pick the one that feels the best to you. 

Edited by jonnyc21
  • Like 2

Yes that there are only 2 companies making 4t's and one of them sels both 2t's and 4t's...

I have not and will not disagree that most people fined the 2t's easer as I have already stated that "I suspect everyone means 2t's are most often the easy bikes".  What I am saying is that everyone is different and people shouldn't tell someone that 4t's are not worth your time.  If I hadn't been willing to go outside that same dominant perspective I might not have realized how much better I do on a 4t. 

I admit I am being a bit stubborn but I am not trying to say anyone is wrong, just that anyone asking about bikes should be aware that there isn't any reason not to give a 4t a try, just that they should expect it isn't the most common choice for most so don't be shocked if you don't like it, but also there isn't any resin to avoid one.

No offence intended just wanted to make sure that allybally8 knew that there are people out there that do well on 4t's and he should try one before writing them off. 

Edited by jonnyc21
  • Like 3

Funny discussion. My son went out yesterday for his first real day of practice on his new bike. He came home and said it was the best day of his life. He is nineteen years old and started riding trials at three. He has had many bikes through the years, but concentrated on sports in school not trials. He won his class this year in our club, our Master class. One level down from our top class. He just got a Beta 300 4T. His skill level jumped two fold just because his confidence in the bike. It was his first 4 stroke ever. You never know which is actually better, each rider is different. I think I`ll get one too. 

2473.jpeg

Edited by lineaway
  • Like 2