Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
malcolm

Waterproof jacket

13 posts in this topic

Looking to buy a waterproof jacket. Just wondering what others have found effective but also comfortable to ride in. Cheers.

Gore wear mountain bike jacket, You get what you pair for to a great extent. If it's not goretex it's not waterproof , breathable too. Cheaper ones are shower proof and may be all you need, but a lot more money has been invested in mountain bike wear probably due to volume of sales. They fit snug enough not to get in the way but allow enough movement

as b40rt i have used army goretex for the 6 days it works great and its cheaper than all the fancy riding gear

What he said. But gortex leaks after a lot of arduous use. Plastic rain jackets don't but they may as well cos you'll be soaked in sweat. 

1 person likes this

37 minutes ago, sirdabalot said:

What he said. But gortex leaks after a lot of arduous use. Plastic rain jackets don't but they may as well cos you'll be soaked in sweat. 

i have never washed the jacket in the washing machine  it gets a hose down 

I'll stick with my Belstaff , One of them is going on 40 yrs old and the other around 8 ... The old one is better ......

2 people like this

Sports direct or mountain warehouse do a Karrimore waterproof, breathable jacket, various colours, on sale at the moment at about £20. I use one and would recommend.

also consider the golf jacket and trousers, set is about £30, and also really good.

Just to add to b40rt's post, you can also get British Army Goretex Boot Liners from the same sort of sellers for very little outlay.

Just pop 'em on over your normal socks before putting your boots, you'll never have wet again.`

1 person likes this