199B gearbox problems

motoswm

Hi All

Happy New Year

Can anyone help with a problem on a 340 model 199B six speed gearbox ?

Looking for a sleeve gear like in the photo....just with all of the teeth on it.

I have tried Dave Renham at InMotion and Bellavista in Barcelona without any luck. Don't mind new or used, just hoping to get it all back together and running again.

Cheers

Martin

20161013_145847.jpg

Edited by motoswm

The 5 speed final drive has the same number of teeth but is machined slightly different. I'm no engineer but would think it possible to modify the 5 speed to fit if you can't find original. That was my plan B if I couldn't get an original when mine broke.

• Like 1

On 05/01/2017 at 5:46 PM, bondy said:

I bought 2 last year brand New.

Am I th only one that's struggling to understand why you have posted this comment ? Are you offering to sell one, or name the source, or ......

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bondy said:

Hello Woody they came from Spain I bought them for some 1 that needed them however I also bought 1 from France for a spare and the complete  gear cluster for the B

Spain and France are big places bondy, you would mind sharing the deatils? ?

As Woody has already said the gear is the same number of teeth as the five speed box, so if anyone could compare the two gears to see what the difference is, I think this would be beneficial for all of us 199B owners- bondy?   I am not aware of this being a problem on the 5 speeds so I wonder if they narrowed the gears in order to fit sixth in the box, never thought to check when I had mine apart.

Cheers Greg

• Like 1