New Trials Dad

huttopia

Hello,

Great forum! I recently bought my 9 year old an 80cc Beta (circa 2005). He has taken to it pretty well just riding around the farm - plenty of concentration and ear to ear grins.

Inevitably it has run well for a while and we now have our first problem - clutch not disengaging, so when it drops into gear it stalls. If there is a guide for the technically inept on how to resolve it please let me know.

Many thanks. 

Beta have on the their website, that's beta UK, courtesy of John Lampkin, a download section, for spares and catalogues with exploded diagrams etc and this should tell you how it's put together.

as for cause, have a look, compare to pictures, and if in doubt, give them a ring, they will be able to help and supply you the right parts.

Welcome to the club, it wont be long before you'll have to get one too, to "ride alongside" your son. The bug will get you.

Edited by jonboy883
Spelling correction

John Lampkin is your source of spares as mentioned above if needed,also  they don't charge for shipment .  About your problem is there hydraulic or cable clutch? If hydraulic maybe the case of bleeding due to low liquid  or seals on master gone. Also could be leak at sleeve internally and u will have no clutch. Hope this will help.

Edited by marek