Fantic 301 exhaust repack

mattylad

I have just burnt out a 301exhaust (FM450 DGM 38234 S stamped on it) and wondered if it needed repacking.

Inside  the middle box there is a perforated tube for around 250mmm. Would this have had sound absorption packing in the void behind? Any information photos of internals would be most welcome

The rest of the internals appear to be a flattened cone leading into an expansion area.

Same question as applies for the rear silencer (Fm237 DGM40127 S). Was there any internal packing or was it an expansion/chicane type.

Edited by mattylad

I've always cleaned / gutted / burnt out all of my fantic exhaust's ... A little bit of loosely packed material in the silencer shouldn't hurt and mellow the tone out a bit ...

If I remember my exhaust tech anywhere near correctly , The midbox on a 3 piece 2 stroke exhaust is the expansion chamber ! Cleaning is good, I wouldn't worry too much about sound absorption there !... packing the mid box may slow down exhaust velocity and have adverse effects .

Just my 2 pence worth ,

Glenn