Just getting started on my ty 350

timtires

Well I've just started my learning curve of trial's riding and now I'd like to ask a few questions.Picked up a 1986 ty 350 with a 250 top end over a year ago, after a carb clean and a trans flush I was able to ride it for 6-8 riding hrs. However first start up's are getting harder and harder [ to let you know I'm a tech at a yamaha shop 20 years] so I'm sure she's a little tired and I'd like to freshen her up.Is there any one stop shopping for parts or do I need to search here & there on the web?

12246804_10156179042260125_9168591965385056540_n.jpg

• Like 1

Is it the picture? Or are those Not trials bars. Cannot tell what is up with the front brake cable mount, but the mod was to replace the factory mount with a short block of aluminum with it threaded for the cable. Idea was to give it a firmer pull. Also has the flywheel been shaved of weight. 8-14 oz seemed best. You can take the whole weight off, but it does not work as well. If it is an `86 it should have a remote reservoir for the rear shock. They were great bikes!    

yes this is the picture. this is how I got it so the bars may have been changed not too sure what mods have been done over the years . What I'm most interested is to source top end parts or a place that deals in vintage bikes [ I'm half thinking giving Barbour Museum a shout ]